I’m letting links get lost because I don’t have time to write up pieces on them. That’s stupid. So here is a list of pieces to which I’d like to return
- John Lanchester’s LRB article on the inexorable rise of automation
- Tom McCarthy in The Guardian on the death of writing
- While we’re on Tom McCarthy, he wrote a piece in the LRB on Realism and the Real a while back
- Also old but noteworthy — Adelle Waldman in The New Yorker: An Answer to the Novel’s Detractors
- A related link on the New Yorker page is this 2010 James Wood article on the artifice of realism — that should resonate with the McCarthy article.
- That article about MFAs and real readers/writers in The Stranger — and the inevitable fallout